Thank you for choosing Chiropractic By Hand for your healthcare needs. To enable us to provide the best service to all our patients we operate the following Practice Policy.
Please read it carefully, and do not hesitate to contact any member of staff should you require any further information or explanation of its contents.
- The owner and clinic director is Dr Polly Hand. Polly can be contacted by calling the clinic (07847 202 365) by e-mail ([email protected]) or in writing to Chiropractic By Hand, Movers and Shapers, 63 Balham High Road, London SW12 9AP.
- Under data protection law you, as a patient of Chiropractic By Hand, have specific rights. To communicate these rights to you in a clear and concise manner, we have a Privacy Notice in place for all of our patients.
- We endeavour to provide the best possible service to all our patients and visitors. However, we accept that mistakes can occur, and when they do, we undertake to do our best to correct them. If the clinic has failed to meet your expectations in any way, please inform a member of staff who will forward the issue to the clinic director. The clinic operates a formal Complaints Procedure and in the unlikely event of any unresolved complaints or claims, they can be forwarded to the appropriate regulatory body.
- So far is possible, chiropractors will make sure that when they are sick or on holiday their patients will have access to another chiropractor.
- Patients have a right to know, and practitioners have an obligation to provide, information about your condition to enable you to take part in making decisions about your care. This is known as informed consent. Your health care professional will try hard to provide all information in a way you can understand, but if you are confused or unsure, please ask.
- For the protection of our staff, aggressive, violent, insulting or offensive behaviour by patients or accompanying persons will result in the patient being discharged from the clinic. Every reasonable attempt will be made to find a competent health professional to assume their care.
- Children or those with special mental needs attending the clinic are the responsibility of their parent, guardian or carer. The clinic will not take any responsibility for any accident or injury caused to such persons in the event of improper supervision. Damage caused by improper supervision will be charged by the practice.
- Children under the age of 16 or those with special mental health needs will not be treated in the absence of a suitable chaperone.
- Payment for care is due immediately at the time of service. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or debit/credit card. Patients undergoing a programme of care may pay for a block of treatment sessions in advance should they wish.
- Patients having private health insurance are advised to check the details of their policy prior to incurring fees for care. The contract between the health insurance provider and the member does not include the clinic. The clinic will not invoice the insurance company direct but will issue statements to enable patients to reclaim their fees.
- Patients wishing to cancel their appointment should do so at least 24 hours in advance. The clinic reserves the right to charge patients in full for late cancellations. Patients failing to keep their appointment (not turning up) will incur a full fee for the missed appointment.